Case Study Y
Click the 'Back' button to return to the previous page.
Results of staff questionnaires
The full staff questionnaire can be found in Appendix I.
The responses from the four staff have been grouped together by question. Where similar responses were recorded by different staff, the frequency of each response is shown in brackets.
Question 1 : What would you say the main aim(s) of the task were?
Question 2 : What would you say the main things the pupils learned were?
- For pupils to estimate p using IT (4).
- To see the relationship between circumference and diameter (3).
- To see that the circle is the limiting case of a regular polygon (1).
- To get pupils to see how computers can help them with mathematical work (1).
Question 3 : How much of this learning do you think would be retained at a later date?
- That p is approximately three (3).
- That the diameter is usually around a third of the circumference (3).
- What p is rather than what its value is (2).
- Some knowledge about how to use LOGO (1).
Question 4 : How useful was the activity in preparing pupils for questions involving circles?
- Will vary greatly from pupil to pupil (3).
- The bit about dividing and multiplying by three as an estimate (2).
- Most of it (1).
Question 5 : Did the pupils enjoy the task?
- Fairly useful (4).
- But could have done questions without IT activity (1).
- Useful for checking whether answers to questions make sense (1).
Question 6 : Did you feel the task achieved the aims given in answer to the first question?
- Most of them (3).
- Very much (1).
- Yes (4).
- But pupils may not appreciate what they have learnt (2).
Assignment Quick Links
Title Page |
Case X Literature Review |
Case Y Literature Review
Introduction to Cases |
Case Study X |
Case Study Y |